Thursday, May 30, 2013

Goal: Organize!

Each year, I set out with new goals for the school year. This year organization and efficiency are the goals I have chosen to focus on to make my classroom the best environment possible. If I can accomplish both of these goals, I believe that learning will be at its best and classroom management will follow effortlessly. Below are pictures of my classroom at the beginning of last year. I am currently working on organizing EVERYTHING.  The after pictures will come in a few weeks.
My teacher desk is one of the main areas I want to organize and create efficiency.
Can you have too many books in your classroom library? I think I want to pair down. Last year it was just a jumbled mess that was not student friendly.



This was a Pinterest idea that worked wonderfully in my classroom. I liked that the students could be rewarded for good behavior as well as loose privileges for bad decisions.  I used reward cards as an incentive to get to purple. My students loved the cards that allowed them to a bring stuffed animal, use markers all day, or take their shoes off.

Another Pinterest idea.



I liked my decorating scheme this year.  I chose to go with a scheme that was not really theme based.  Instead I chose black and lime as my colors and decorated with polka dots throughout.  The students (even the boys) commented how much they liked the classroom.  I think it was a homey environment and I hope to continue that feel this year. My organization will also follow this color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment