Monday, June 3, 2013

End-of-Year Certificates



As each school year comes to a close, I begin stressing about what certificates I will give each student during our end-of-the-year awards ceremony. Some students are easy.  The student with the highest grade average would receive the academic achievement certificate. The child that I could rely on to complete any errand I asked would receive the certificate for being the most responsible. Others were not so easy though.  What do you give the child who talked constantly throughout the year?  What about the student who wiggled in their seat or danced to the line?


I created unique and inventive ways to recognize distinctive traits of your students.  The student who would not hush all year receives the "Most Articulate" certificate.  The wiggle worm that moved from place to place with his own rhythm earned the "Best Rhythm" certificate.  

I know that there are some who believe that not everyone should receive a reward, but when dealing with young children, exceptions should be made.  During the early elementary grade, I believe that it is important to find positive traits that each child can focus on. This encourages positive thinking and confidence. Students will have plenty of opportunities to either excel or struggle in the upper grades.

These are a few of the certificates that I created. 

A 22 page package of certificates is available on my TpT page. Click here to view my products.

No comments:

Post a Comment