Friday, June 14, 2013

An Apple A Day Linky Party - Classroom Decor

I have joined my first Linky Party with Leigh at theappliciousteacher.blogspot.com. Since I have already made a post a few days ago with pictures of my classroom, I chose to focus on select aspects of my decor that works well for me. I also included some pictures I have found 
on Pinterest of ideas I want to try next year.  Hope you enjoy!


Our Classroom Library
This past year I painted all of my bookshelves black to give more of a cohesive look.  I also used black fabric on all of my bulletin boards. It really made my boarders pop.

Reading Centers
I tried to pull in lime green throughout my classroom to add a pop of color.  This is my center board.  The student names are on lime green circles. This next year I plan to implement math centers using a similar rotation
My behavior chart using numbered magnets
The was the best addition to my class room this year.  I will go more into that when I do my post on classroom management. As for the classroom decor, I continued my polka dot theme using circle magnets. The ah-ha find was the metal flashing I attached to each closet door (my wonderful husbands idea). It provided magnetic display space, made raggedy door attractive, and was CHEAP. You can find it at your local hardware store in different sizes that you can cut to fit your needs. LOVE IT!
A view of the front of my classroom

My desk (I am embarrassed to show this messiness)

No matter how hard I try, I can not keep my work area clean and organized.  I go so fast throughout the day that it becomes a catch-all of randomness. My goal this year is to become one of those sickeningly organized teachers that seem to have everything in the right place all of the time.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment